If you’re like me you may look askance at a book that proclaims that setting up websites for dummies is easy if you but follow along. But, like me, are you wary and look at these claims with both hope and trepidation? Hope, because maybe we’re “normal” and there actually are answers for those of us that don’t know what we’re doing…and are willing to admit it.
Trepidation for two reasons:
1. What if we still don’t get it?
2. What if there needs to be something even simpler?
Throw the book away!…take a look at this hands on training.
How Do You Learn?
Many of us, especially adult learners, still like the old fashion way of learning; with books and lessons that are to be graded and you either pass or fail. But we also learn by reading and doing, watching videos, and even participating in discussions.
At Wealthy Affiliate you have the opportunity to learn through:
1. Training: the free membership gives you 10 lessons in the Certification 1 Training. You will find your niche, start your website, and learn how to get that all-important “search engine love”.
If you decide to go Premium (and there is no obligation) then you will be given access to another 3 Certification Courses that will teach you how to get traffic, monetize your website, and learn how to get social online.
2 Video classes: these will provide you with a great opportunity to learn by watching…and doing. Seeing how an industry expert sets up his WordPress site, add the required plugins, and set up your site framework means that you will see and then do. Pause the video if you need to, he’ll wait for you to complete the task.
Click below to watch the video.
3. Classrooms: there are 13 Classrooms that both experts and beginners can post queries, advice, and success stories. With over 500,000 discussions, there is something for everyone. And there is no problem finding what you need with the handy search bar that will find the topic that you are searching for.
4. Everyone likes a Boot Camp: if you want to get in on the ground floor and learn how to promote a product, in this case the WA Affiliate Program, then join one of the owners as he teaches how it’s done by showing you how he does it. Watch his website get created and built out as he takes you through each step of creating your own affiliate website.
Is Having Support Important To You?
One of the often repeated complaints is the isolation that authors (yes, you are one when you write a post) feel, especially those who are working from home. Whether you want a website for business or pleasure it is sometimes difficult to stay motivated and on target with your goals.
1. Your Online Support (for Premium members)
Wealthy Affiliate has an incredibly responsive support team should you ever have difficulties with your website(s). This includes the ability to restore your site from their backup, go in and take a look at issues you may be having, or assisting with hosting issues. This team is always available and quick to respond.
2. Membership support:
This is truly a community that wants to help one another and that share successes and failures with one another. Made up of experts and beginners, we all help each other. Want proof? Check out this post: “Want To Know How To Fix A Website? Ask For Help!”
3. Need help now?
Live Chat is a feature favorite for most of us. Free members get 7 days access but it is primarily set up to allow Premium members to talk to one another, brainstorm ideas, maybe review each other’s sites and…to just chat. While we may never actually meet, we do get to know one another on a personal basis and share what’s going on in our “real” worlds as well.
How Do You Feel About Spam?
Wealthy Affiliate is about each one of us creating our own online business. Many of us have staggered over there because of the barrage of scams we have allowed ourselves to become victims of. We’re shell-shocked.
The last thing the owners of WA want is to see any of their members spammed or scammed. In fact, it’s taken so seriously that if you ignore the rules you could get a partial ban or, if warranted, kicked out without the opportunity to ever join again!
This is a safe place for members to learn and create their business. You will find this should you decide to join.
So, Is It Better Than A Book?
You’re not a dummy so don’t get caught up in thinking that way from the cover of a book. You have the ability to learn and Wealthy Affiliate has the tools to help you do that…learn with the most up-to-date training there is.
Ready To Get Started?
If you want more than a book then you can do one of two things: